|2020-11-19||7:15 to 15:00||Register|
|2020-11-30||7:15 to 15:00||Register|
|2020-12-02||7:15 to 15:00||Register|
Labor Tek is an approved training provider (ID Number of PRO-34595) and an approved training program (ID Number of WAH-34595)
All workers who use fall protection on a construction project must complete an approved working at heights training program . This includes workers who met the fall protection training requirements of the Construction Projects Regulation prior to April 1, 2015.
Who needs this training?
Both modules are compulsory for workers who use travel restraint systems, fall restricting systems, fall arrest systems or safety nets as a source of protection against fall hazards. This course is limited to 12 participants per sessions as per the ministry.
The Working at Heights Training Program Standard has a modular format to allow for core theory training to be completed separately from practical training elements. There are two modules: Working at Heights Basic Theory and Working at Heights Practical Equipment.
3.1 Working at Heights Basic Theory Module
1. Rights and responsibilities related to working at heights under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
2. General hazard recognition for working at heights.
3. Hierarchy of controls.
4. Safety procedures for warning methods and physical barriers.
5. Safety procedures for ladders and similar equipment.
6. An introduction to personal fall protection equipment.
3.2 Working at Heights Practical Equipment Module
1. Barriers and safety nets.
2. Personal fall protection equipment.
3. Anchor points.
4. Work positioning systems, work access and platforms.
5. Rescue planning.
Duration: 7 1/2 hours
Language options: English and French.